[open-government] New post Open Data, Technology and Government 2.0 – What Should We, And Should We Not, Expect

ALEX STOBART alex.stobart at btopenworld.com
Fri Sep 14 07:43:33 UTC 2012

Hello Rufus

Thanks very much for the post, and the diagrams.

Governments, and Governance, is failing more or less everywhere. Those in control rarely rush to change themselves. UK democracy and power relationships are what we have, and I guess we try and work with the people who are seeking to effect change.

Perhaps the creation of the GDS, and the recent idea from Devon by Carl Haggery of a Local [GDS] might be opportunities for you to promote your paper.

Bill Roberts also mentioned new appointments at the UK Open Data Institute, and this may suggest a move to strengthen capability.

It may not lead to citizens changing their behaviours, I accept.

Alex