[open-government] Fwd: [Sunlight International] Announcing a new Sunlight Feature: OpenGov Conversations

Julia Keserű jkeseru at sunlightfoundation.com
Thu Aug 8 15:31:30 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zander Furnas <zfurnas at sunlightfoundation.com>
Date: Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Subject: [Sunlight International] Announcing a new Sunlight Feature:
OpenGov Conversations
To: sunlight-international at googlegroups.com

This year at Sunlight has seen a lot of expansion towards research and
father into international work. Thinking and learning about this stuff has
involved talking to a ton of people around the world doing really
interesting work. These conversations have made it clear that a lot of us
in this space end up wrestling with the same questions about theories of
change, context dependent outcomes and citizen engagement (to name a few
topics).

So we decided to create a space to share thoughts about these things. We
are calling this feature "OpenGov Conversations" and the first set is here
now: http://sunlightfoundation.com/conversations/effective-transparency/

We propose a question or prompt to four researchers or practitioners with
relevant experience, and let them share their frameworks and insights. For
our inaugural conversation we have Tim Davies, Greg Michener, Alice Powell
and myself responding to the prompt:

What are the three most important conditions that make transparency
> policies effective? Must these conditions precede effective transparency
> interventions, or can transparency policies actually positively bring about
> these conditions?

We hope you enjoy. If you would like to participate in an upcoming
conversation, please feel free to email me or Lee Drutman (
ldrutman at sunlightfoundation.com) and tell us a general theme you are
interested in writing about.
--
Alexander Furnas