[open-government] Announcing Sunlight`s international lobbying disclosure guidelines

Julia Keserű jkeseru at sunlightfoundation.com
Tue Dec 3 15:47:04 UTC 2013

Dear all (sorry for cross-posting)

We are very excited to announce the release of our draft lobbying
disclosure guidelines and invite the community to provide input on these
recommendations.

Based in part on Sunlight`s experiences working to make lobbying more
transparent in the US, the guide is organized into four parts: first, a
section on definitions of key terms and the basic principles to make a
lobbyist registry more robust; second, guidance on the minimum information
that should be disclosed; third, a section on how this information should
be collected and in what formats it should be published; and finally, some
basic recommendations on enforcement and oversight.

The guide is intended as a conversation starter. We are very curious to
hear your thoughts, especially on the definitions and the international
examples we’ve collected.

You can read more about the guides in this intro post:
http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2013/12/03/announcing-sunlights-international-lobbying-guidelines/

Or go directly to the document and leave your comments before January 6th
2014: http://sunlightfoundation.com/policy/lobbying/guidelines/

We look forward to hearing from and working with many more of you in the
coming weeks and months. In the meantime, we encourage you to join the lobbying
working group<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lobbying-transparency>created
by Sunlight and the Open Knowledge Foundation.

Best,
Julia Keseru

--
Júlia Keserű