[open-government] Antw: Re: Idea: General City Council API

Johann Hoechtl Johann.Hoechtl at donau-uni.ac.at
Tue Dec 10 09:07:08 UTC 2013

I slightly hi-jack this thread for a question: Is there a data format /
sepcification for  council  agendas / meeting minutes. Actually I am
more interested in meeting minutes: who talked what for how long / is
representing whom / coming from which party.

Regards,
   Johann

Dr. Johann Höchtl
Zentrum für E-Governance
Donau-Universität Krems
Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Straße 30
A-3500 Krems
Tel.: ++43 2732 893 2304
Mail: Johann.hoechtl at donau-uni.ac.at

>>> "Klessmann, Jens" <jens.klessmann at fokus.fraunhofer.de> schrieb am
09.12.2013 um
17:23 in Nachricht

<antti.poikola at gmail.com>:

>> Hi,
>>
>> It would be great to have a de facto standard format API for city
council
> agendas / meeting minutes. This would be doing the same for decision
making
> data that http://open311.org/ is doing for the issue reporting in
cities.

>> Do you know any examples or other relevant references to this idea
(which
> for sure is not a new idea):
>
> Hi Jogi,
>
> in Germany since early 2013 there is a voluntary effort to develop a

> specification for such an API called „OParl - Initiative for
standardization
> of open access to parliamentary information systems in Germany.“
Involved are

http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Foparl.d

> e%2F
> The current status of the specification is available on GitHub:
> https://github.com/OParl/specs
>
> I copied Marian Steinbach, who initially came up with the
initiative.