[open-government] What should be in the guide to opening government?

Maya Forstater hiyamaya at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:52:52 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I am working with the Transparency & Accountability Initiative (T/AI), on
updating the Opening Government Guide.

The guide which you can find here
http://www.transparency-initiative.org/reports/opening-government was
published in 2011 and was the first document of its kind to compile good
practice in transparency, accountability and citizen participation across a
wide range of open government areas.

We are now seeking to update it, and develop it into a richer hub of
information to enable governments and civil society organisations to
understand the range of issues that might be addressed as part of Open
Government, to benchmark their own starting points and access guidance,
tools and networks.

The new resource will be hosted on the website of the Civil Society
Coordinator of the Open Government Partnership.

As a first step we are seeking feedback on the original guide, to help
understand how it has been used, where people see gaps and how it can be
improved. We are also looking for events taking place during this year that
would be good settings for discussing the resource as it develops.

If you have read or used the guide over the past couple of years, or even
if you have just heard about it, please take 5 minutes to give us some
feedback. There is a very short survey here goo.gl/SxcAX - or you can email
me freestyle.

If you would like to give specific feedback on a particular chapter there
is a short survey here  goo.gl/Il5ZT.

Thanks

Maya Forstater