[open-government] Published of 26 June 2013: amending Directive 2003/98/EC on the re-use of public sector information

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Mon Jul 15 15:45:04 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I just realised that that the amendment of the PSI Directive
(Directive 2003/98/EC ) has passed the European Parliament and the
European Council and was published on 26 June 2013 at the Official
Journal of the European Union:

http://new.eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=OJ:L:2013:175:FULL&from=FI

I have only had a skim read and it still covers issues like right to
reuse (open licensing), marginal costs and extension to include
cultural institutions. However I think the published version is
watered down from the initial amendment proposed by the commission.

I would love to hear the interpretation and analyses by others.

All best
Daniel

--
Daniel Dietrich

Chairman and project manager
Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland
www.okfn.de | info at okfn.de | @okfde
+49 30 57703666 0 | Fax: +49 30 57703666 9

Empowering through open knowledge
Get involved: http://www.okfn.de/getinvolved