[open-government] Feedback on the EU Open Data Portal

Christian Villum christian.villum at okfn.org
Fri Jun 28 16:45:57 UTC 2013

Dear All,

We are currently *putting together a summary on the EU Open Data Portal (EU
ODP) <http://open-data.europa.eu/>* that was launched earlier this year -
as a single point of access to a growing range of data from the
institutions and other bodies of the European Union.

By providing easy and free access to data, the portal aims to promote their
innovative use and unleash their economic potential. It also aims to help
foster the transparency and the accountability of the institutions and
other bodies of the EU.

For the summary, which will be presented to the European Commission, we are
*inviting feedback from the community*; specifically we would be interested
in hearing about:

- General opinions on the EU ODP and it's ability to fill the
above-mentioned aims
- Uses of the data from the EU ODP; existing case stories or planned future
uses
- The launch; was the portal announced properly and appropriately and in
the right channels?

Please help us by voicing your opinion, so we can provide good and useful
feedback on the portal.

-Christian

--

Christian Villum

Community Manager, Open Government Data + Local Groups Network
skype: christianvillum  |  @villum <http://www.twitter.com/villum>
*Empowering through Open Knowledge
*http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>