[open-government] Do you know Voxe.org ?

Edouard Schlumberger e.schlum at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 16:17:23 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,

I would like to introduce you our open data project : Voxe.org - http://www.voxe.org

What is voxe.org (http://voxe.org)? Voxe.org (http://Voxe.org) is an international team of young innovators that build online tools which help contextualize, compare and debate political platforms. We believe in the power of social and information technologies innovations to help forge an informed electorate. We seek to re-shape public debate by bringing to the fore what matters most: the future that each candidate’s proposal makes possible. Our tools, available as web and mobile applications, also integrate in-house videos, research and open data.

Voxe.org (http://Voxe.org) developped an application late 2011 for the French Presidential elections of May 2012 ; The application enabled 300 000 French citizens to select two candidates, and a domain of public policy, and to instantly compare side by side the candidates’ proposals, in three clicks and at no charge.

The Voxe.org (http://Voxe.org) team collects from official and verified sources the candidates’ and their political parties’ proposals. Editing of the proposals is strictly limited to classifying the proposals according to the domain of public policy.
In addition, the Voxe.org (http://Voxe.org) website publishes data relevant to the issues and stakes involved in each domain.. Glossaries, videos and open data from public sources further inform the visitor on the issues and stakes which the candidates seek to address. For each domain and for each candidate’s proposal, Voxe.org (http://Voxe.org) makes available links to official “open data” websites, which provide relevant information on the domain.

Our data are also available through an API (we organized a hackathon called "Hack the Elections" last year), and all the proposals of all the candidates of all the countries we have can be downloaded in csv files!

Voxe.org (http://Voxe.org) :
- is looking for awesome people to launch the product in their own country. If you're interested, feel free to check out our "Voxe in a Box" document, right here -> http://bit.ly/Yqxp6Q

- needs you to help our project on the Knight Foundation News Challenge !!!! Please we need you to click on "Applaud this" on the right of this page : https://www.newschallenge.org/open/open-government/submission/foster-young-people-2019-s-voting-at-eu-elections-with-voxe.org/

Thank you very much for your help, and feel free to ask any question !

Edouard Schlumberger - Founder
+33 6 87 30 62 31