[open-government] Advocacy Resource Pack for Local Government Audience?

Ewan Klein ewan.klein at gmail.com
Sun May 5 17:01:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to put together a compact resource pack to help evangelise open data with local government? I'm thinking primarily of a short slidedeck (say ~10 slides) together with a short document (~3 pages) that would help make the case. The target audience would be middle management (people in charge of implementing policy) rather then high-level policy makers. The focus would be on concrete outcomes around issues such as efficiency and cost-savings, improved cross-department communication within government, increasing citizen participation, models for sustainable data publication, routes to better data quality.

I'm sure all these issues have been addressed in existing resources, but it would be good to bring them together in one bundle. Has it already been done? Thanks in advance for any suggestions and pointers.

--Ewan

Ewan Klein
School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
Informatics Forum 2.11, 10 Crichton Street
Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, UK

Email: ewan at inf.ed.ac.uk
Tel: +44 131 650 2705
Fax: +44 131 650 6899