[open-government] Open Government Data updates from around the world @ OKCon

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Fri May 31 11:42:29 UTC 2013

Dear all,

last year at OKFestival, we organised a session with "Open Government Data updates from around the world". [1]

This session has received a lot of positive feedback, so I thought its worth doing it again on this years OKCon, 17th & 18th September in Geneva, Switzerland.

Applications for OKCon will close today, therefor I have just submitted a session:

# Open Government Data updates from around the world

Description: A session with short and sharp statements from pioneers, experts and activists from around the world on the state-of-play of Open Government Data from their countries. These updates will highlight stories of success and failure and reveal current issues and trends from the global open data community. This interactive session will be lead by an interviewer. Each participant will have 2-3 minutes and 1 slide (30 min). These updates will be followed by a short panel discussion with an all star cast of open data gurus who will identify trends and issues on the fly and comment on them (15 min).

Now we need your help! If you will be at OKCon in Geneva and have an interesting story to share, I invite you to join this session.

If you are interested to be part of this, please go to the pad and add until 30th June!

http://okfnpad.org/OGD-updates-2013

We will select the ten most interesting / outstanding candidates aiming to draw a mosaic but comprehensive picture. Please note that we can only select 10 candidates form 10 countries, so be snappy with your description! Once we have selected 10 candidates we will follow up with them.

All the best
Daniel

1. http://okfestival.org/state-of-play-the-open-government-data-movements-related-initiatives/