[open-government] OKCon 2013 Call for Proposals deadline extended to 31st May! Join and share the news!

Frank Verschoor frank.verschoor at gmail.com
Fri May 31 22:11:22 UTC 2013

Dear Christian,

Hereby my proposal for a session on the Geneva OKCON. It's still a draft.
I'd really appreciate it if it's included in the programme. It's still a
draft version and it will be finetuned after approval.

***

TITLE: Best Business Practices and Opportunities for Open Data Consultancy
& Advisory

Host: Frank Verschoor
The Green Land
www.thegreenland.eu
Duration: 2x45min or at least 1 hour (don't know how the programme is
structured, let's tune this later)

Open data is unfortunately rarely high on the agenda of governmental or
privat organisations. And that is also reflected in the budgets available. It
seems hard finding the right proposition for Open Data Consultancy and
Advisory. But there is a sufficient basis for business.That's what we are
going to share and explore in this active session. Which theme's are hot at
the moment? What kind of assignments are awarded and by whom? Where are the
opportunities? How can we productize and scale up good practices to
increase sales?

This session is for everyone interested in the Open Data work that is paid
for and by whom or where any other healthy exchange ratio occurs. It's for
those who want to share their own good business practices and opportunities
so that we can learn and help eachother to generate more business."

***

If you need any other information, please let me know.

Best regards,

Frank Verschoor

--
Frank Verschoor
+31640599679

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Christian Villum <
christian.villum at okfn.org> wrote:

> All,
>
> The *OKCon Call for Proposals* <http://okcon.org/call-for-proposals/> was due
> to end tomorrow, and our mailboxes are filling with lots of brilliant
> ideas and suggestions. So, excited by the submission enthusiasm and
> contagious energy, we have decided to *extend the Call’s deadline* *to** 31st
> May*.
>
> Keep sending in your proposals. We’re looking forward to reviewing them
> all!
>
> -Christian
>
> --
>
> Christian Villum
>
> Community Manager, Open Government Data + Local Groups Network
> skype: christianvillum  |  @villum <http://www.twitter.com/villum>
> The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>
> *Empowering through Open Knowledge
> *http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |