[open-government] Off-topic: convenient way to read mailing list ?

satyaakam goswami satyaakam at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 14:12:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Ivo Babaja <ivobab at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
> this is off-topic (or better meta-topic) but I think it would be useful to
> share what you consider the best way to follow this (or any similar)
> mailing list.
> In the simple mail reader, the posts are hard to follow, with all the
> headers and endless repeating quotations in message bodies.

to tackle this we need to have a mailing list guidelines like these
http://lug-iitd.org/Mailing_List_Guidelines

> It would be useful to be able to follow topics and discussions in the
> fashion of newsreadrs. There is online mailing list archive service (Gmane)
> that allows such approach, but open-government is not available in it.
> Is there any other, maybe desktop solution, for reading mailing lists in
> more convenient way ?

i do not see an issue with the web based gmail client , you can use labels
to identify the mails as they come in and mark with a star for any action
to be taken also you can check out offline gmail client  in chrome , also
try http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/ .

-Satya
Satyaakam.net <http://satyaakam.net/> | fossevents.in | fossacademy.org