[open-government] Sunlight Teaming Up With the Open Knowledge Foundation to Create New Lobbying Transparency Working Group

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Tue Oct 29 16:29:20 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 03:45:59PM +0000, Julia Keserű wrote:
> Do you want to know more about who`s influencing the decision-making
> process in your country? Are you working to improve lobbying transparency
> and have relevant knowledge to share? Do you want to know more about what
> works and what doesn`t when it comes to lobbying regulation?

congrats! important concerns that we share.

> *The Sunlight Foundation <http://sunlightfoundation.com/> and the Open
> Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/> are teaming up to convene a new
> global group on lobbying
> transparency<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lobbying-transparency>.

i wonder if the hosting of this mailing list on google servers is such a good
idea? as an european who researches lobbying myself, i found that google is
quite active through proxies. i would propose to move this mailing list to a
server that is independent from influences of corporate interests.

cheers,s

--
pgp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
pgp fp: FD52 DABD 5224 7F9C 63C6  3C12 FC97 D29F CA05 57EF