[open-government] Seeking advice on China's open data policy

FENG GAO gaofeng860918 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 08:47:11 UTC 2014

Hello, all

Recently I was approached by a researcher from a China's gov-funded think
tank. She is doing research for the gov to prepare China's open data policy
which will focus on economic value and social innovation. And the work is
at its early stage now, so she has many questions around open data policy.

She knows there are many experts on this list, so she asked me to forward
her questions to seek advices here. if you can suggest any references or
directly answer any questions, it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Questions:

1. when the central gov tries to promote open data in the country, what
kinds of regulations or policies are needed to support such work?

2. what kind of management system should the gov design to manage and
support open data suppliers,  open data publisher and open data users?

3. what kind of challenges should the gov prepare to face? especially when
they want to focus on economic value?

4. what kind of evaluation framework can the gov use to evaluate impact and
performance of its open data initiative?

best,
Feng

--
Feng GAO <http://about.me/feng_gao> |
@okfncnfenggao<http://twitter.com/okfncnfenggao> |

Open Data China (开放数据中国) <http://opendatachina.com>|
@开放数据中国<http://weibo.com/opendatachina>
Advocate, Cultivate, and Support Open Data Innovation

OKF China Local Group (开放知识基金会中国) <http://cn.okfn.org>
Weibo: @开放知识基金会中国 <http://weibo.com/okfncn> |Twitter:
@okfncn<http://twitter.com/okfncn>