[open-government] [Sunlight International] Re: Opportunities for knowledge and expertise sharing with Sunlight Foundation

Daniel Swislow dswislow at ndi.org
Wed Aug 13 14:50:40 UTC 2014

What a loss for the community. Such sad news.

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Lindsay Ferris <
lferris at sunlightfoundation.com> wrote:

> Thank you, Muchiri.
>
> I was actually also just informed of this and ended up changing the
> picture on the post. It seems that there's too much to say about such an
> inspiring person, but I was so glad I had the opportunity to meet Emmanuel
> here in May.
>
> I have posted the picture below, as it really encapsulates Emmanuel's
> pioneer spirit.
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Muchiri Nyaggah <muchiri at semacraft.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for this Lindsay.
>>
>> Let me also share the sad news that Emmanuel Okyere of Odekro (pictured
>> in the post) passed away yesterday. Our heartfelt condolences to friends
>> and family on the loss of a man of great vision and drive, a true son of
>> Africa.
>>

>> Kind regards,
>>
>>  Muchiri Nyaggah
>> @muchiri
>> Cell: +254 722 506400
>> Skype: mrmuchiri
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 5:10 PM, Lindsay Ferris <
>> lferris at sunlightfoundation.com> wrote:
>>
>>> **Apologies for cross posting**
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> This morning, Sunlight Foundation launched our newly revamped program to
>>> facilitate international exchanges between partner NGOs across the globe.
>>> Conducting 2-3 week long exchanges where organizations have the opportunity
>>> to host Sunlight staff members or spend time in our Washington, D.C. office
>>> has been a key component of Sunlight's strategy to build capacity for NGOs
>>> for the last two years. In the past, these exchanges have resulted in
>>> successful new tools and the broadening of technical expertise for both
>>> parties.
>>>
>>> Now, we've revamped our application process. We want to broaden the
>>> organizations that we reach and form a more inclusive community of
>>> partners. Please visit our Sunlight blog for more information on how to
>>> apply
>>> <http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2014/08/13/apply-for-sunlights-2014-international-exchange-program/>
>>> or inquire below.
>>>
>>> Please contact international at sunlightfoundation.com if you have any
>>> additional questions.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Lindsay
>>>
>>> Apply for Sunlight's 2014 international exchange program!
>>> <http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2014/08/13/apply-for-sunlights-2014-international-exchange-program/>
>>> by Lindsay Ferris <http://sunlightfoundation.com/team/lferris/>
>>>
>>>    - policy <http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/policy/>
>>>
>>> AUG. 13, 2014, 9:48 A.M.
>>> [image: Photo of Emmanuel Okyere in U.S. Capitol]
>>>
>>> Emmanuel Okyere of Odekro, a PMO in Ghana, in U.S. Capitol building.
>>>
>>> *How to apply: Interested in taking part of our exchange program? Click
>>> here to fill out our application form
> [...]

*Daniel Swislow* | Program Officer | Governance
National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
455 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 800, Washington, D.C. 20001
+1 (202) 728-5620 | dswislow at ndi.org | Skype: dan.swislow | Twitter:
danswislow <http://www.twitter.com/danswislow>

  <http://www.ndi.org/>   <http://www.openingparliament.org/>

[image: icon-ndi-30px.png] <https://www.ndi.org/>[image: