[open-government] Search UK Electoral Role

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Thu Feb 20 14:04:50 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

We're doing some research need to be able to cross reference the frequency
with which distinct names and date of birth combinations appear in a given
dataset with the general population.

We had considered using the UK Electoral Roll as a source for the analysis
on "general population" - but one has to purchase that and it's slightly
outside our budget :) (Ideally, we would also be able to take names and
dates of birth from multiple countries, but we can deal with UK for now.)

This is literally statistical analysis - we just need to see how many hits,
not any specific details on individuals.

My question:

* Does anyone know of a way that one can query the electoral roll data,
without purchasing the entire dataset?

OR

* Does anyone else know of any other datasets that would give a
representative sample of the UK (full name + date of birth (even better +
nationality)), or a given country's population?

Weird question, but grateful if anyone has any ideas!

Lucy

--

 *Lucy Chambers*

Knowledge Director  | Skype: lucyfediachambers  |  tel: +44 7909 330731  |
@lucyfedia <http://twitter.com/lucyfedia>

Empowering through Open Knowledge

http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on

OpenSpending | http://openspending.org/ |
@openspending<http://twitter.com/openspending>|Tracking every
government financial transaction across the world

School of Data | http://schoolofdata.org |
@schoolofdata<http://twitter.com/schoolofdata>| Evidence is Power