[open-government] Are you a Google Hangout aficionado available to facilitate a virtual breakout next Tuesday?

Steven Clift clift at e-democracy.org
Wed Jan 8 15:19:36 UTC 2014

The White House is getting ready to announce the webcast for the next
"Safety Datapalooza" on Tuesday, Jan. 14.

Watch here for details: https://twitter.com/SafetyDataGov

And note:
http://www.smartchicagocollaborative.org/white-house-safety-datapalooza-resource-post/

There will be lots of people watching the morning webcast who wish
they too could participate in the afternoon breakout sessions.

Have no fear, Google Hangout is here!

With each breakout we can hold ten video participants. Right now, with
two facilitators, we can gather 20 people in two virtual rooms.
(Starting at 12:30 Eastern).

We are exploring the use of Unhangout from MIT -
https://unhangout.media.mit.edu/about/ - to allow us to have a
reporting back session for the full group that would also be recorded.

Anyway, we could use a few more facilitators.

Based on volunteer interest we will decide shortly whether to offer
theme-based breakouts or not. The themes from WH verbiage are:

1. Transportation
2. Food
3. Occupational and consumer product safety
4. Disaster preparedness and emergency response

There could be more.

If you'd like to volunteer in general to facilitate a break-out or to
facilitate a breakout on one of these themes, please let me know right
away: clift at e-democracy.org

It will be expected that participants will watch the live webcast the
three hours prior to the breakout sessions, so there will be lots of
context.

We also hope to have the capacity to recruit participants via the
Twitter hashtag during the event.

Cheers,
Steven Clift
E-Democracy.org