[open-government] Global Campaign for Opening Up Contract Data

Daniela Mattern daniela.mattern at okfn.org
Thu Jun 19 21:17:05 UTC 2014

Hey Gary,

thank you very much for your e-mail.

Have you tried to open up the contract between the libraries and google? I
have read quite a lot about the google books project and implications. How
have you tried to get access to these contracts?
Did you do a Freedom of Information Request? Could you share with us?

I have seen, that you are from Austria. Which are the most urgent problems
related to open contracts in Austria? If you run a campaign in Austria to
opening up contracts what would be a topic that you would focus on? What
makes people angry about it?

We are currently planning to work together on this and run local campaigns
in different countries on issues that are important to people. Would you be
interested in joining our group? We are very curious in having this
exchange and try to find out how to effectively open up contract data.

I wondered whether we could not ask the Open Glam group whether they can
help with the campaign against Google/Libraries ... Would you like to help
with this?

I am copying Lieke and Sam who are also quite into this topic. @Sam, Lieke:
what ideas do you have for us?

Best