[open-government] Invitation: Ebola Open Data Jam, October 18

Holm, Jeanne M (1760) jeanne.m.holm at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 15 21:50:30 UTC 2014

Hi all--

I thought some of you might be interested in participating in an Ebola Open Data Jam hosted by IBM in New York this Saturday: http://www.meetup.com/Africa-Open-Data/events/211518232/ The focus is to identify, post, and federate datasets that can help to inform health care workers, government officials, and others who are responding to the Ebola outbreak.  This is meant to complement some of the amazing work by many in this area, including the MapGive team at the Department of State (although MapGive is not part of this event).

This event grew out of events around the U.S.-Africa Summit and an ongoing group (of 320 people) that has been meeting each month on Africa Open Data:  http://www.meetup.com/Africa-Open-Data/members/ including members from 8 African nations, government officials, developers, businesses, and NGOs.

Just sign up on the MeetUp if you are interested, we will also be sending out virtual attendance options given the geographic distribution of the participants.

--Jeanne

Jeanne Holm
Evangelist, Data.gov
U.S. General Services Administration