[open-government] Dare to talk about your mistakes -- submit your failure story

Julia Keserű jkeseru at sunlightfoundation.com
Wed Aug 5 14:28:15 UTC 2015

Hey all,

(Sorry for the cross-post.)

We at Sunlight have long been thinking
<http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2015/05/05/a-new-approach-to-measuring-the-impact-of-open-data/>
about what works and what doesn't work in civic technology, but our
emphasis so far has mostly been on the success stories
<http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/series/wednesdays-winners/>. Inspired
by the CodeforAll summit last week in NYC and some of the most recent
announcement about retiring civic tech projects, today we're trying to get
the other side of the story with a short survey
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zVVwCIgy-EJ6RPau-2hX6xXwrK-gSMVHBkfrv8-G4EM/viewform>,
to paint a more complete picture of the landscape.

Here`s a short blog post that explains why we’re doing this:
http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2015/08/04/dare-to-talk-about-your-civic-tech-mistakes-submit-your-failure-story-today/

And the short survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zVVwCIgy-EJ6RPau-2hX6xXwrK-gSMVHBkfrv8-G4EM/viewform

Please tell us about your technology-based civic projects or ideas that
might not have worked out. If you wish to remain anonymous, that’s all
right too — just let us know, and we will only use your story for more
general conclusions.

Hope to hear from many of you!

Best,
Julia