[open-government] Fwd: Digital Democracy Commission debate 10 March

Steven Clift clift at e-democracy.org
Fri Feb 27 17:48:00 UTC 2015

Check out:  http://bit.ly/ukmpdigidemdebate
Answer: http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/150959LSFBI

From: Digital Democracy <digitaldemocracy at parliament.uk>
Date: Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 9:01 AM
Subject: Digital Democracy Commission debate 10 March

 To our Digital Democracy friends,

Since the Commission launched its Report last month, we have been working
behind the scenes to encourage Parliament to take forward recommendations.
The report set five key targets together with some more detailed
recommendations to help Parliament achieve them. If you haven’t already,
you can see the report including a summary of the targets and
recommendations here: www.digitaldemocracy.parliament.uk

We are pleased to announce that our Commissioner, Meg Hillier MP has
secured a Backbench Business Debate in Westminster Hall on the Speaker’s
Digital Democracy Commission. The 90 minute debate will take place at
9.30am on Tuesday 10 March.

We would very much like your help in making the debate on 10 March a great
success! Please help us by:

·         Completing our very quick survey
<http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/150959LSFBI> (one click only) to tell us
which of the five targets Parliament should focus on. Please pass this on
to as many people as you can – it will help inform the debate.

·         Attend the debate or watch online

·         Take part in the twitter discussion during the debate or take
part in our Twitter Q&A after the debate with Meg Hiller MP.

*Please see the news article on our website for all the information on how
to take part in the debate here
<http://www.parliament.uk/business/commons/the-speaker/speakers-commission-on-digital-democracy/ddc-news/mps-to-debate-the-digital-democracy-commissions-report/>.
 *

Thank you very much for your help, in advance. If you have any questions
about the debate, please do not hesitate to contact us.

With best wishes,

The Digital Democracy Commission

[image: Digital Democracy Commission]

Digital Democracy Commission
House of Commons

Twitter: @digidemocracyuk <http://twitter.com/digidemocracyuk> Web:
http://www.parliament.uk/
<http://www.parliament.uk/business/commons/the-speaker/speakers-commission-on-digital-democracy/>

 UK Parliament Disclaimer: This e-mail is confidential to the intended
recipient. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and
delete it from your system. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is
not permitted. This e-mail has been checked for viruses, but no liability
is accepted for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.