[open-government] Best examples of social and democratic impact of open data?

Ivan Begtin ibegtin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:36:32 UTC 2015

Hi Jonathan!

I have a few examples of social impact of open data in Russia and also I
have a few examples of despotic and un-democratic usage of open data by
government, when federal government uses this topic to take away power from
regional and local government levels.

Could it help ?

Best Regards,
   Ivan Begtin

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently writing a short piece about the social and democratic impact
> of open data, and wonder if anyone has any good recent examples that they
> think are particularly interesting or noteworthy?
>
> Feel free to send examples off list - and I can compile and send back to
> everyone!
>
> All the best,
>
> Jonathan
>
> --
>
> Jonathan Gray
>
> Director of Policy and Research | *@jwyg <https://twitter.com/jwyg>*
>
> Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/>
>
> *okfn.org <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>*

Best Regards,
   Ivan Begtin

Director of NGO "Informational Culture"
email: ibegtin at infoculture.ru
phone: +7 499 500 96 58, +7 910 426 68 83
website: http://infoculture.ru