[open-government] Global Open Data Index datasets public consultation

Mor Rubinstein morchickit at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 10:36:10 UTC 2015

Hello all (and sorry for the cross posting),

Last week we announced our first public consultation for the 2015 Global
Open Data Index. In this consultation we ask your opinion regarding what
datasets to add to this year's Index.

The Global Open Data Index <http://index.okfn.org/> is a tool that is
driven by many users - advocates, civil society activist, journalist,
hackers and others. It will help us, as a movement, to determine what
themes and datasets we want to monitor and go beyond the 'baseline'
reference of datasets that we are currently monitoring.  We would like the
Index to include more datasets that are critical for democratic
accountability and which may be more ambitious than what is made available
by many governments today.

There are two ways to contribute to the consultation:
1. Crowdsourced Survey <http://allourideas.org/globalopendataindex15> -
Cast your vote on our survey as much or as little as you want until the
28th of June. You can also add your own suggestions to the pool of ideas -
http://allourideas.org/globalopendataindex15

2. Civil Society focused survey
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1A-5D69xWv0TfpB9b0nYPUWcp5Xs_JKPdVElCiaml3wQ/viewform>
-
This survey will be sent to a group of NGOs working on a variety of issues
to find out what they think about what specific datasets are needed and how
they can be used. We encourage you also to answer this survey here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1A-5D69xWv0TfpB9b0nYPUWcp5Xs_JKPdVElCiaml3wQ/viewform>
.

For more information about our consultation, please read our blog post
<http://blog.okfn.org/2015/06/18/what-should-we-include-in-the-global-open-data-index-from-reference-data-to-civil-society-audit/>
on
the topic or write in our forum
<https://discuss.okfn.org/t/what-datasets-should-we-include-in-the-2015-global-open-data-index-our-public-consultation-is-now-open/439/4>