[open-government] Call for researchers for the 3rd edition of the Open Data Barometer

Carlos Iglesias carlos.iglesias.moro at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 20:41:12 UTC 2015

Dear Dongpo,

First of all, thank you for your feedback and interest on the Open Data
Barometer.

In an ideal case, the Barometer might be covering all existing countries
but, unfortunately, and as in any other project, the available resources
and timelines impose also some limitations with respect to world
coverage. For every new edition of the Barometer we try to cover as much as
possible, keeping a fair balance between the different world regions as
well. This new edition we continue to keep increasing the countries
coverage, nevertheless we know that we may still leaving behind some
countries where open data has already some presence as it could be the case
of Taiwan.

Unfortunately, the list of countries for this edition is already complete,
although our expectations are to keep improving the Barometer and continue
to deep and broad it. In any case, we will try to analyse and discuss this
specific case, but we are also somehow limited by the available support and
resources as every year.

We are really grateful for your suggestion and hope also we all could be
seeing much more countries, including Taiwan, being finally included in the
Barometer.

All best wishes,
 CI.
--

Carlos Iglesias
Open Data Senior Researcher

World Wide Web Foundation | 1110 Vermont Ave NW, Suite 500, Washington DC,
20005, USA | www.webfoundation.org | Twitter: @webfoundation

On 2 June 2015 at 15:56, Dongpo Deng <dongpo.deng at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Carlos and all,
>
> Open Data movement is prevailing in Taiwan. In the past years, there were
> not only many civic tech activities but also academic and scientific
> conferences for open (government) data such as g0v summit [1] and open data
> workshop [2]. Unfortunately, Taiwan is not in the list of countries for
> call-for-researchers of ODB. Is it possible that Taiwan can be included in
> the list for 3rd ODB?
>
> [1]http://summit.g0v.tw/en-US/index.html
> [2]odw.tw
>
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 6:07 PM Carlos Iglesias <
> carlos.iglesias.moro at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The World Wide Web Foundation has issued a call for researchers to
>> participate in the 3rd edition of the Open Data Barometer (ODB).
>>
>> The details of the call are available at
>> http://webfoundation.org/2015/05/call-for-researchers-open-data-barometer/
>>
>> Researchers can apply by filling in a short application form available at
>> http://goo.gl/forms/64fwcPFHRw
>>
>> For any questions on the call, please write to
>> project-odb at webfoundation.org
>>
>> Regards,
>>  CI.
>> --
>>
>> Carlos Iglesias
>> Open Data Senior Researcher
>> Asturias, Spain
>> carlos.iglesias at webfoundation.org
>> skype: carlos.iglesias.skype
>> mobile: +34 687 917 759
>> twitter: @carlosiglesias
>>
>> World Wide Web Foundation | 1110 Vermont Ave NW, Suite 500, Washington
>> DC, 20005, USA | www.webfoundation.org | Twitter: @webfoundation

---

Carlos Iglesias.
Open Data Consultant.