[open-government] [PMO Network] Countries with open data sets on "who is on your ballot"?

Breyten Ernsting breyten at openstate.eu
Tue Mar 24 20:47:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

In the Netherlands none of the votings councils (either the national,
or the provincial/municipal ones) do not publish this as open data.
They do however publish PDF files with this information. We (the Open
State Foundation) have been converting these to JSON format for a few
years now. You can see the Github repository here:

https://github.com/openstate/openkandidatenlijsten

We are doing this to put pressure on the voting council to publish
this as open data. Hopefully they'll listen sooner than later :) (Note
that for municipal election this process is extremely difficult as
there isn't necessarily a single format for the PDFs. And most
municipalities don't event post the PDF files on their website!)

Greetings,

Breyten