[open-humanities] Introduction

Philippe Aigrain philippe.aigrain at sopinspace.com
Mon Jul 19 18:52:54 UTC 2010

Dear Janneke,

Thanks a lot for taking this initiative. As Jonathan certainly told you,
we tried to set together a working group addressing part of your grand
plan (the tools side).

As for myself, I am interested in several aspects of open resources for
the humanities :
- as an advocate for information and knowledge commons
- as a researcher in Internet and culture studies
- as a provider of free software tools for work in the humanities, in
particular text annotation software used in educative or humanities
research projects.

Of course my various caps can put me in (moderate) conflict of interest
but I am sure that the pure users in this group will manage them
successfully.

I look forward to exchanges on this list.

Best,

Philippe Aigrain