[open-humanities] Fwd: Conf: High Throughput Humanities at ECCS2010 (programme and abstracts)

Maximilian Schich maximilian at schich.info
Tue Jul 20 21:11:23 UTC 2010

Dear Jonathan,

I am forwarding you question to our speakers and committee members, as I
can only speak for myself.

The question of open data (as in opendefinition.org) is not within the
focus of the High Throughput Humanities symposium, as we are interested
in good results driven by quality data, regardless of data provenance.

However in general, I think your proposed working group on open
resources in digital humanties within Open Knowledge Foundation is a
great idea, and I totally subscribe to the desire that ideally data
should be as open as possible, without violating personal rights, such
as privacy.

Best regards,
Maximilian Schich

Dr. Maximilian Schich