[open-humanities] Hi there.. I just joined this list..

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Dec 12 14:15:32 UTC 2011

On 11 November 2011 10:32, Michele Pasin <michele.pasin at gmail.com> wrote:
> .. but I'm really liking it so I thought I'd better say a couple of words to
> introduce myself.
>
> My name is Michele Pasin, I currently work at London's Kings College,
> Department of Digital Humanities as a research associate (by the way if
> you're in the area and want to pay a visit - do get in touch!).

Welcome Michele!

> In the past I've been working mostly with structured data and semantic
> technologies in areas such as philosophy, history and textual studies,
> but I'm interested in cultural informatics at large; also, I'm keen to
> explore the employment of other computing methods (eg visualization,
> interaction design, social web) in the humanities.

Would love to talk more -- perhaps you will come to the next Open
Humanities meetup this Wednesday at 5pm, see:

<http://humanities.okfn.org/calendar/>

Also if you are interested in a particular project, I'm currently
working on rebooting Weaving History:

<http://www.weavinghistory.org/>

The code is here:

<https://github.com/okfn/hypernotes>

And demo site is:

http://hypernotes.dev.okfn.org/
http://hypernotes.dev.okfn.org/tester/napoleon/timemap

Rufus

> I look forward to to my bit towards an open-knowledge-world for the
> humanities!
>
> Michele

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation