[open-humanities] Fwd: Scripto WordPress plugin ready for testing

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Dec 13 22:27:03 UTC 2011

Anyone fancy testing this? ;-)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Safley <jimsafley at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Subject: Scripto WordPress plugin ready for testing
To: Scripto Dev <scripto-dev at googlegroups.com>

Hello,

Over the past few weeks I've been working on a plugin that adds a
Scripto application to WordPress [1]. Features include:

 * Transcribe all WP post/page attachments
 * Discuss transcriptions
 * View media using Zoom.it and Google Docs
 * Revert to an earlier revision
 * View recent changes, your contributions, page history, revision
difference
 * Import transcriptions to WP

I intend to add more functionality but think the plugin should go
through a round of testing first. If you're interested, please
download, install, and try it out [2]. You'll need to install
MediaWiki [3] and Zend Framework [4] to get it working. Respond to
this post if you have questions, comments, or bug reports. I'm
particularly interested in getting feedback on the following:

 * The application design and workflow, e.g. in what ways can the
interface be more efficient?
 * My underlying architectural choices, e.g. is dropping an
application into one page a good decision?

To start, just install the plugin, attach an image to document file to
a post/page, go to that post/page on the front end, and click on an
attachment to transcribe.

Thanks!
Jim

[1] https://github.com/chnm/scripto-wordpress-plugin
[2] https://github.com/chnm/scripto-wordpress-plugin/downloads
The plugin must be named "scripto" in wp-content/plugins/
[3] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki
[4] http://framework.zend.com/

--
Jonathan Gray