[open-humanities] Open Advent

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 13 15:53:13 UTC 2011

On 13/12/11 05:04, todd.d.robbins at gmail.com wrote:
> James,
>
> This is fabulous! Thank you for sharing. Quick question about the
> Oxford Text Archive: are the page scans (/The Tale of Samuel
> Whiskers/ images, for instance) the full resolution or are the
> higher resolution scans available elsewhere?

That one seems to be a TEI re-encoded gutenberg (we've recently
added a large number of ECCO-TCP texts I expected it to be one of
those).  The source is at: I'm assuming that
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/15575 and presumably we automated
HTML 2 TEI so we could get our other formats and such of it.
We've been putting in work smoothing our toolchain doing TEI to
other formats (as seen in our OxGarage format conversion server
see http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/oxgarage/ ).  We've been doing
flowed and fixed-page size ebooks to release lots of open texts
on iBookstore (and potentially other places in discussion).
Partly this is a test of the ECCO-TCP conversions which we're
doing in preparation for the EEBO-TCP conversions we'll be doing
when they are made public domain. (With my TEI hat on, we've been
making changes to the TEI to make conversion of legacy-format
EEBO and ECCO texts easier.)

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,