[open-humanities] Intro to list from Simon Worthignton, Mute

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Thu Jun 9 20:22:32 UTC 2011

On 25/05/11 23:06, Simon Worthington wrote:

> Rob Myers was asking if I was on the OKFN Humanities list, and at last I
> get myself signed up, we were discussing RDF structures for the arts.

Yes there doesn't seem to be anything standardized that I can find for
the visual arts. I keep hoping someone is going to tell me that I've
missed an obvious resource...

> I'm co-founder and publisher of Mute magazine http://metamute.org

The new issue is excellent, it just arrived in the post today. :-)

> I joined the OKFN humanities group to look into semantic structures for
> the arts, with interests in building archiving tools, web TV networks and
> publishing tool.

That sounds excellent. Do you have any examples of that kind of thing or
are we really looking at a new area here?

- Rob.