[open-humanities] Web Based Annotation Tools

Aurélien Bénel aurelien.benel at utt.fr
Wed Jul 4 06:10:20 UTC 2012

Hi Sam,

>> As we all know, lots of people are tripping over themselves these days to create web based annotation tools.

> I only booted it up today, hence some big players missing!
> Keep the suggestions coming.

I would suggest to list also the Hypertopic Suite and especially LaSuli (client) with Argos (server).

LaSuli is a social annotation software for interpretative reading.
Argos is a Web service for managing concurrent categorisation systems.

Screencasts:
http://www.hypertopic.org/Hypertopic/Texts_analysis.html (#1 and #2)

Paper:
http://publications.tech-cico.fr/df373f23379e74d43aee4ce24402fe55
(in french but best description of LaSuli so far)

Regards,

Aurélien Bénel
Maître de conférences en informatique
Technologies pour la coopération, l'interaction et les connaissances dans les collectifs
ICD/Tech-CICO, STMR (UMR CNRS), Université de technologie de Troyes