[open-humanities] Open Research Data Handbook - Call for Case Studies!

Michelle Brook michelle.brook at okfn.org
Sun Apr 14 09:04:43 UTC 2013

Hey,

The Open Research Data Handbook - a collaborative and volunteer-led guide
to Open Research Data practices - is beginning to take shape. We’ll be
asking for comment on the first few chapters soon.

We now need your help to gather *concrete case studies* which detail your
experiences of working with Open Research Data. Specifically, we are
looking for:
* Stories of the benefits you have seen as a result of Open Research Data
practices
* Challenges you have faced in open research, and how you overcame them
* Case studies of tools you have used to share research data or to make it
openly available
* Examples of how failing to follow open research practices has hindered
the progress of research (including but not limited to science)
* ... More ideas from you!

Case studies should be around 200-500 words long. They should be concrete,
based on real experiences, and should focus on one specific angle of open
research data (you can submit more than one study!).

To find out more and register your interest, please visit this blog post
and form<http://blog.okfn.org/2013/04/09/open-research-data-handbook-call-for-case-studies/>
.

As we are keen to gather studies from diverse groups, please do circulate
this email to friends, colleagues and any relevant mailing lists.

We also welcome volunteers to help with drafting and editing the book. To
contact the team directly, please email researchhandbook at okfn.org.

We look forward to reading your open research data stories!

All the best,
Michelle (from the Open Research Data Handbook team)

Michelle Brook | @MLBrook
Community coordinator, Open Educational Data

LinkedUp | http://linkedup-project.eu | @LinkedUpProject

Open Knowledge Foundation | @okfn
Building the digital commons - support our work: okfn.org/support