[open-humanities] Open Position in Leuven

Erik Duval erik.duval at cs.kuleuven.be
Sun Apr 21 08:55:03 UTC 2013

Apologies for cross posting…

Come join us in Leuven: we have an opening for a full-time tenured academic
position in Computer Science for Digital Humanities at the Department of
Computer Science!

Deadline for applications: 30 June 2013

>From the official text: We are looking for a candidate with expertise in
applications of computer science in digital humanities. A successful
candidate will already have obtained excellent research results in the area
of applying computer science techniques in research applications in the
digital humanities. For the applied computer science techniques, examples
could be data mining, or archiving or disclosure of information from large
e-archives, or human-computer interaction, or visualisation techniques, or
e-learning. Concerning the applications domains, examples could be the
Arts, or the Social or Instructional Sciences. Research experience with the
application of multiple techniques from computer Science and/or with
multiple application domains in the Humanities or Behavioral Sciences are
considered are a strong added value of the application.

The official announcement can be found at
https://icts.kuleuven.be/apps/jobsite/vacatures/52409066?lang=en

Feel free to contact me for additional details!

--Erik Duval
http://erikduval.wordpress.com and @erikduval