[open-humanities] Forking Project Gutenberg to Github

Seth Woodworth seth at sethish.com
Thu Aug 21 12:25:05 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 6:44 AM, James Harriman-Smith <
james.harriman-smith at okfn.org> wrote:

> This is just a quick email to say how delighted I am that this project is
> getting traction, and may even link up with Textus further down the line.
> Seth, if there's anything we can do to help you: user testing, spreading
> the word, etc. do let us know.

Thank you!  I do need to spread the word more than I have now. Rufus has
asked me to write a blogpost about the project which should go a long way.

Since this thread started, there has been a lot of activity on twitter
(from this group I think), and GITenberg has gotten a few new contributors
overnight.

I will return with a new thread when I have a plan for marked up text that
I would love to have some folks test, but I'm not there yet.

> I'll be setting up the next Open Humanities call soon, just as soon as I
> finish running a summer school, and would love to put this on the agenda if
> you think some open discussion would be handy.

I would love to get feedback from the Open Humanities folks. ++

--S