[open-humanities] Open Data Day

Nwhysel@pratt.edu nwhysel at pratt.edu
Wed Feb 5 13:49:08 UTC 2014

Not exactly GLAM, but I am attending an open data hackathon that betaNYC, a Code for America project, is hosting in New York as part of Code Across America 2014.

Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:00 AM
#betaNYC, a Code for America Brigade for NYC

Meetup agenda:
For close to two years, NYC’s government has been producing thousands of datasets for public consumption. Now, it is time to build upon this success, move beyond transparency, and make open data accessible to the rest of us.

#CodeAcrossNYC 2014 is a two day prototype-athon prototyping tools for NY City Council, their staff, and NYC’s Community Boards.

We need New York’s civic hackers, mappers, designers, data wranglers, and content editors to make NYC’s open government data useful to government.

For these two days, we will focus on the following data realms: NYC 311, Crime and Public Safety Data, Land Use, Transportation, and School Data. These two days will move NYC beyond transparency.

For non-technical participants, we will host an write-athon documenting tech tools and datasets relevant to governing in NYC.

Prizes will be awarded to the best prototypes. Awards will be announced later.

RSVP here for more information to come.

http://www.meetup.com/betanyc/events/155118982/

.

Noreen