[open-humanities] OKFest Session "Open Data and the Panton Principles for the Humanities"

Peter Kraker peter.kraker at tugraz.at
Tue Jul 22 09:55:36 UTC 2014

Dear all,

James Harriman-Smith asked me to post the results of the OKFest Session
on "Open Data and the Panton Principles for the Humanities" to this list

The session was well attended, and with Peter Murray-Rust we had one of
the original authors in the audience. I first gave a short introduction
to Open Data and the Panton Principles which you can find here:
http://de.slideshare.net/pkraker/opendata-humanities

Afterwards, we had an animated discussion on the issues of open data in
the humanities. Then, I asked the participants to go into groups of 3 or
4 to come up with solutions to these issues. The discussion and the
solutions were captured by two participants in the Etherpad:
https://pad.okfn.org/p/Panton_Principles_for_the_Humanities

All in all, the session went very well. I hope that the outcomes are
useful for your adaptation of the Panton Principles to the humanities.
If you have any questions, please let me know!

Best,
Peter