[open-humanities] Annotation system for books and so on in Wordpress

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Sep 24 09:26:29 UTC 2014

Hi Iain,

Good point to raise. There have been a variety of wordpress annotation
plugins (and we've used several of them over the years). The big difference
compared to what we are doing is that those plugins tend to mess with the
text in some way in the other and don't follow the approach of Textus of
separating text and annotation (and markup) very cleanly.

BTW we are pretty close in having the textus viewer working. I know I was
the one leading on this but I've been rather pressed on other matters
recently so if anyone wanted to jump in and take this on that would be
fantastic and I'd definitely lend a helping hand and guidance:

https://github.com/okfn/textus-viewer

Rufus

On 23 September 2014 16:16, Iain Emsley <iainemsley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was looking at something a little different but came across this
> Wordpress plugin with functionality that seems very familiar:
> http://futureofthebook.org/commentpress/
>
> I've only had a quick scoot on the page but it looks decent enough.
>
> All best,
>
> Iain

*Rufus PollockFounder and President | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock
<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> - see
how data can change the world**http://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn
<http://twitter.com/OKFN> | Open Knowledge on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |  Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>*

The Open Knowledge Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation.  It is
incorporated in England & Wales as a company limited by guarantee, with
company number 05133759.  VAT Registration № GB 984404989. Registered
office address: Open Knowledge Foundation, St John’s Innovation Centre,
Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK.