[Open-Legislation] All your data are belong to us

JOSEFSSON Erik erik.josefsson at europarl.europa.eu
Mon Apr 25 07:47:23 UTC 2011

Hello,

After a discussion on iindep, I thought this might be a better list for discussing this subject.

Tratten only scrapes oeil. But oeil does not display e.g. committee deadlines for amendments. For that you'd need a script which monitors each committee page, e.g IMCO:

    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meetdocs/2009_2014/organes/imco/imco_7leg_meetinglist.htm

and downloads "MEETING DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE", e.g.:

    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meetdocs/2009_2014/organes/imco/imco_20110411_1500.htm

and looks for draft agendas and minutes, e.g.:

    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meetdocs/2009_2014/documents/imco/oj/863/863898/863898en.pdf

In such documents the deadlines (and other interesting stuff) is displayed like this:

    24. Modernisation of public procurement
        IMCO/7/05500
              2011/2048(INI)        COM(2011)0015
        Rapporteur:        Heide Rühle (Verts/ALE)
        Responsible:       IMCO –
        Opinions:          INTA –
                           CONT – Bart Staes (Verts/ALE)
                           ECON – Decision: no opinion
                           EMPL – Julie Girling (ECR)
                           ENVI – Åsa Westlund (S&D)
                           ITRE – Konrad Szymanski (ECR)
                           REGI –
                           JURI – Decision: no opinion
        *  Exchange of views
        *  Deadline for tabling amendments:14 July 2011, 12.00

I'd be very interested in a script that extracts that last line. Any such hacks around? :-)

//Erik

Erik Josefsson
Adviser on internet policies
Greens/EFA Group