[Open-Legislation] msg foo

Levin Alexander mail at levinalex.net
Wed Jan 12 20:13:59 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 19:51, Friedrich Lindenberg <friedrich at pudo.org> wrote:

> I would also like to focus on that first, both for the German case and
> also because we can get a load of data from the EU. Having a clever
> format to represent legal texts and changesets would be very useful,

Just to throw something out there. My thinking is currently in this direction:
this doc (to pick one at random):
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/kkinsov/index.html
could be represented as something like
https://gist.github.com/2c21fd7bafb97a75715a

(this is some haml-like serialization to make the tree clear, the
final disk format should probably be XML/HTML, json might also work.)

Problems:
- reinvents the wheel. Should probably reuse existing
ontologies/schemas (which ones?) [1]
- too simplistic and incomplete, should be a lot more detailed (but I
consider that a feature for now)
- I don't know how to link to stuff (the %ref element in the example -
how is that url-space structured?)

Next step is to get some working code to see what's needed to get this
to actually work

--Levin