[Open-Legislation] open link shortener

Stefan Sels stefan at sels.com
Sun Jan 16 07:01:25 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

just an idea that is loosely related. I use twitter a bit and as you are
limited by the 140 chars from the texting age, i wonder if there is an
open link shortener.

That would be nice to shorten up statistic links as well, they easily
get messy if you use parameters within the URI (GET/URL encoded).

If not, there should be one. Simple to use, with optional statistics.
Because I don't see why that data should be given to Google, Facebook
and some other venture capital burning US companys.

It is in fact simple. A php/sqlite/xml solution would be ultra portable.
A .onion service would be optional.

What are your thoughts on this?

Greetings,
   Stefan