[Open-Legislation] open link shortener

JOSEFSSON Erik erik.josefsson at europarl.europa.eu
Sun Jan 16 13:17:09 UTC 2011

On 01/16/2011 01:49 PM, Stefan Sels wrote:

	On 16/01/2011 11:19, Jonathan Gray wrote:

		Have you seen Evan Prodromou's ur1.ca?

		http://ur1.ca/

	perfekt. thats what i ment!

"ur1 is an Open Service from StatusNet Inc., powered by lilURL. Full source available under the terms of the GNU General Public License. "

Nice!!!

:-)

	p.s. hackday?

Can I help? (i am unfortunately not a hacker...)

I have met some people here in the EP who has a deep knowledge of the databases and their structure. If we get a bit more consolidated, I have a feeling we could maybe arrange a meeting with them.

That said, the "vibe" in the EP is that secrecy is sacred. On top of that, information hoarding is the business model of most staffers and assistants. After all the MEPs (and the Groups) are competing, so it would be strange to find a "sharing is caring"-culture on the inside.

//Erik

--
Erik Josefsson
Adviser on internet policies