[Open-Legislation] okcon oleg meet wrap-up

stef stefan.marsiske at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 22:37:51 UTC 2011

hey,

we had a splashing time at okcon. some of the people that meddle around
parlaments data were on site, so we set up an impromptu meetup to discuss
cooperation. below my notes:

present were (including data they have):
pudo (de: process, ref to eu, MP, law texts)
nils erik (dk: MPS, votes, law metadata, election results)
          (eu: votes, meps, law metadata, council votes)
stef (eu: votes, meps, process, committee agendas)
michal (sk: votes, mps, committee memberships)
       (cz: votes, mps, committee memberships)

apparently all of us share some information on M(E)Ps and also on laws
relations to eu legislation. the idea was to create a service which provides
static urls to people, national parties and laws, pointing to eu, national and
even county/municipal level databases. we should flesh this out a bit more, if
anyone can expand on this, thanks.

other notes

- there is apparently another similar list to open-legislation,
tom steinberg could know more.
- there is a nice page on our efforts on wikipedia:
  https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Parliamentary_informatics#Poland
- someone recommended to have a look at sejmometr.pl - very impressive.
- also bulgaria is said to have an excellent site.

cheers,s

--
gpg: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
gpg fp: F617 AC77 6E86 5830 08B8  BB96 E7A4 C6CF A84A 7140