[Open-Legislation] [open-government] Call for Collaboration:publicbodies.org

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Mon Jul 4 14:58:20 UTC 2011

Hi Erik,

during a recent OGD conference in Austria, Rufus and I met Eva
Lichtenberger from the EPA who proposed a similar idea. I've written
this short blurb and would be grateful if you could extend and maybe
forward it to relevant people:

Proposal for a Workshop on Open Data in the European Parliament

Discussion items:
* Availability and use cases of structured data on legislative processes
* Machine-readable access to European normative documents
* Tracking beyond the European level: IPEX and national legislative processes
* Combining databases and tracking documents across EP, EC and Council
* Financial planning and release of budgetary data
* Registered lobbies and related meetings
* MEP information and declarations of interest
* Structured data about working groups and committees

Stakeholders:
* Members of Parliament
* Parliament IT services
* EC Publications Office
* Civil society and transparency groups
  * TI Brussels
  * Buhl & Rasmussen
  * La Quadrature du Net / stef from the net
  * OKFN
  * MySociety, AbgeordnetenWatch, Sejmometr, ...
* (EP Free Software User Group)

Best,

 Friedrich