[Open-Legislation] Reply to: API for EU legislation

JOSEFSSON Erik erik.josefsson at europarl.europa.eu
Thu Jun 23 09:30:21 UTC 2011

Yes, parltrack is very promising! And it looks nice :-)

The tratten scripts were developed by kattla and some have slightly been tweaked by me (I cannot read perl, so it's all guesswork from my part).

Now, there is one table I would really like to have in parltrack format:

http://euwiki.org/Tratten/oeil/Rapporteurs_per_dossier_and_committee

I'm advocating we should use open data sets and free tools in the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament, but then I also need to show stuff that works and make sense to my colleagues, and we're mostly in "table mode" (even I must say that the "EU-ballons" chart was very popular!!)

My personal goal is to AGPL3+ and Open API the tabling application AT4AM... but that will take at least 2 more years...

//Erik

Erik Josefsson
Adviser on internet policies
Greens/EFA Group