[Open-Legislation] Reply to: API for EU legislation

Niels Erik Kaaber Rasmussen niels at buhlrasmussen.eu
Thu May 26 12:15:39 UTC 2011

 Dear Francis

 Thanks for your answer. We have now added the following terms to the
 API-page under documentation (http://api.epdb.eu#doc):

 "Terms
 From our side we don't impose any restrictions on your use of the API.
 You can mash up with other data set and pass that on to others. You can
 sub-license derived works and in general do whatever you want to with
 the API. We don't require you to attribute us, but will be very happy if
 you do so. However you should be aware that the data itself is taken
 from the mentioned databases and that the owners of these databases
 might impose their terms of use, that we cannot be responsible for. You
 are responsible yourself to comply with any such third party terms.

 For the content that is ours (ie. does not belong to EUR-Lex, PreLex or
 any other official source) - the API for European Union legislation is
 made available under the Open Database License:
 http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/. Any rights in individual
 contents of the database are licensed under the Database Contents
 License: http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/dbcl/1.0/"

 Do you think that this statement on terms and conditions is satisfying
 or is further steps required to make the API "really open"?

 Best, Niels Erik
--
 http://buhlrasmussen.eu
 (+45) 2680 9492