[Open-Legislation] Reply to: API for EU legislation

Niels Erik Kaaber Rasmussen niels at buhlrasmussen.eu
Thu May 26 13:57:04 UTC 2011

 Dear Stef and others

 Thanks for all your useful feedback.

> (disclaimer: as there's no exisiting viable free alternative i feel
> obliged to
> develop one myself. i also hope to compete on the comptetition with
> this)

 We are looking forward to see what you come up with. Maybe it will be
 possible for us cooperate in combining the datasets at a later state.

> your product could be a very nice
> component in the toolchests of ngos engaging in policy advocacy.
> those i
> support have very high expectations for freedom in such regards. my
> blunt
> reaction was mostly an aggregation of those elevated expectations.

 We have been in contact with a few NGO's sharing exactly those
 thoughts, but for it to be really useful we think they need a more
 simplified interface or app build upon the data.

 Thanks again.

 Best, Niels Erik
--
 http://buhlrasmussen.eu