[Open-Legislation] Open Legislation communication tools

Francis Davey fjmd1a at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 16:08:30 UTC 2013

2013/12/2 Clemens Wass <clemens at wass.at>

> Is it a question of content or is the mailing list an outdated tool for
> discussions (sorry, no offence towards all those who have started this
> group; I know that many open source groups still rely on the good old
> mailing list, but just wanted to ask). Would you prefer a blog/wiki or
> rather a discussion group like in LinkedIn?
>
> Please let me know! Any proposals are highly welcome!

Two thoughts: (i) you could provide a steer on what sort of things are
going to be discussed/you want discussed; (ii) and also some idea what sort
of people might be on list.

Mailing lists are like all such media a compromise. Too little traffic and
they aren't much use, too much and we have to unsubscribe or face overfull
inbobxes.

At the moment it seems a bit write only, but that is something that could
change.

--
Francis Davey