[Open-Legislation] openlaws.eu EU Project starting today

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Thu Apr 3 13:45:57 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 01:05:18PM +0000, JOSEFSSON Erik wrote:
> I'd love to see some reach out to people that has actually already built real applications.

i presume winning an app contest could be considered "building real
applications".

but in your context i think hell would freeze over ;/ it's all political, not
socio-economical.

but then i think it is quite cool to embarrass such expensive institutions
with the limited resources and effort our tools are built and make them
reimplement our features so slowly* - at least it gives me the satisfaction to
feel i have an influence :)

*the ep is actually implementing some quite cool features on oeil and for meps
that parltrack has done for a long time, but the data in oeil/europarl is of
course better as they now publish also more data and they don't have to scrape
themselves (i hope), like all opinion rapporteurs and even shadow rapporteurs!
very cool :)

this makes me wonder if it's possible to find out the cost of developing and
operating the oeil/meps and the dbs behind that.

--
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt