[open-linguistics] Get involved: OKCon 2011

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Apr 28 15:53:01 UTC 2011

Hi Pablo,
Excellent idea, I suggested it and I guess, he will be invited soon.
Just a short note: the deadline for OKCon will be extended until 6th of
May, so there is still time to prepare submissions. Either for a talk
(abstract) or a proceeding paper (5-10 pages).

At OKCon, I reserved a time slot at the conference for the Face to Face
meeting.
The current slot is on July 1st, 18:00 2011, this is the afternoon of
the second day.
Right before that there is a workshop/group meeting about Open
Bibliographic Data.
It might make sense to connect with them.

Regards,
Sebastian

On 27.04.2011 00:52, Pablo Mendes wrote:
> Is Michael Nielsen coming to the OKCon?
>
> http://michaelnielsen.org/blog/speaking-about-open-science/
>
> Cheers,
> Pablo
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 11:12 PM, Daniel Dietrich
> <daniel.dietrich at okfn.org <mailto:daniel.dietrich at okfn.org>> wrote:
>

>     Dear all,
>
>     As you know, we're busily preparing the schedule for this year's
>     OKCon, which is going to be in Berlin on the 31st June and 1st
>     July. We're really excited about this year's event - so much has
>     happened in the last 12 months! We're really hoping you guys will
>     be up for having a meet-up scheduled in, so you can get together
>     face-to-face and chat about the amazing work that you've been
>     doing over the past year and how we can push forward with the next
>     one. Are there times/days which are better or worse for people?
>
>     Also, it would be *fantastic* to have presentations, workshops,
>     discussions or lightening talks from people on this list - there's
>     so much activity in the field, it would be great to get a bit of a
>     taster of all your work.
>
>     I've attached a short PDF version of the Call for Participation,
>     and if you haven't already seen it you can check out the full
>     version at
>
>     http://okcon.org/2011/cfp/
>
>     The submissions form is at http://okcon.org/2011/submit/
>
>     Looking forward to meeting lots of you in Berlin!
>
>     Also registration is open at: registration:
>     http://okcon2011.eventbrite.com/
>
>     All the best,
>     Daniel
>

>     --
>     Daniel Dietrich
>
>     The Open Knowledge Foundation
>     Promoting Open Knowledge in a Digital Age
>     www.okfn.org <http://www.okfn.org>  - www.opendefinition.org
>     <http://www.opendefinition.org>
>
>     Mail: daniel.dietrich at okfn.org <mailto:daniel.dietrich at okfn.org>
>     Mobil: +49 171 780 870 3 <tel:%2B49%20171%20780%20870%203>
>     Skype: ddie22
>     Twitter: @ddie

Dipl. Inf. Sebastian Hellmann
Homepage: http://bis.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/SebastianHellmann